CANDLE CARE 101
We want your LoveLit candle to assimilate all of the love and care we put into making each vessel. For best use, please follow the care instructions below.
1. Trim your wick to ¼ of an inch before EACH use. This promotes a safe, even and steady burn. It will limit the likeliness of a mushrooming wick.
2. When enjoying your candle for the first time, allow it to burn until wax melts across the entire surface of your jar, this is called a melt pool. This may take between 3-4 hours depending on the size of your candle and will greatly increase the life burn of your candle.
3. Trim your candle wick after each burn. This is very important in order to prevent the candle from smoking on the next burn or from burning the sides of the glass. We recommend trimming your wick 1/4th of an inch each time.
4. For safety and to preserve the life and aroma of your LoveLit candle, do not burn your candle more than 4 hours at a time. (This should be a common safety practice for any candles you use.)
5. Always keep your candle free of old wick trimmings, soot, matches and debris at all times. If soot begins to occur during your burn, extinguish your candle and allow to cool before wiping it out.
6. To maximize scent throw, burn in desired space for at least 30 minutes. Scent throw is the fragrant smell that is released from the candle while burning.
7. To extend your LoveLit candle life, always store your candles in a cool, dark and dry place. Avoid placing your candles where they will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting.
8. Do not burn your candle all the way down. Always leave at least 1/4th inch of wax at the bottom and then reorder more LoveLit candles. (This should be a common safety practice for any candles you use.)
9. For safety, always burn candle within sight
10. LIGHT UP YOUR SENSES!